Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 1

Today I've started the Reboot Challenge along with other people who found ourselves inspired from watching the "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead."

I have juiced A LOT, both fruits and veggies. The ratio should be 20% fruits and 80 veggies but I think I've done more fruits, more like 40/60. I am happy overall with how the first day went. I only had a slice of mango as solids. I've also drank lots of water, lemon and ginger water and tea. I also feel a little weak and one time I caught my hands shaking a little. On the other hand, I felt very light all day.

A few of the recipes I've tried today had the following combinations:

Spiked Green
spinach
kale
celery
ginger

Simple Green
spinach
snap peas
one red pepper
two tomatoes

Frutti Tutti
four apples
two peaches
one plum
one mango

This last one, the fruit juice was absolutely outstanding. All the fruits were so ripped and sweet that it felt more like a smoothie. It was so delicious, it took me some will power not to finish it all at once. My toddler boy sipped some too, he liked it.

One last thing about today's juicing: I've been putting the veggies and fruits through three times. I realized there was more juice left in them and I was right, I got quite a bit out of the last two rounds. It's not cheap buying all this fresh produce, I am making sure I get the last drop out of them... literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment