Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jesus Calling devotion

This past Christmas I received the best devotions book I've came across in a while, Jesus Calling. I really liked today's message:

"Open your hands and your heart to receive this day as a precious gift from Me. I begin each day with a sunrise, announcing My radiant Presence. By the time you rise from your bed, I have already prepared the way before you. I eagerly wait your first conscious thought. I rejoice when you glance My way.
Bring Me the gift of thanksgiving, which opens your heart to rich communication with Me. Because I am God, from whom all blessings flow, thankfulness is the best way to draw near Me. Sing praise songs to Me, tell of My wondrous works. Remember that I take great delight in you; I rejoice over you with singing."

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 95:2 "Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms."
Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."


What a great message. And what a beautiful coincidence that the words I used yesterday, 'thankful' and 'joyful' are used in today's devotion. I feel shallow correlating these two words to my own state of my mind, for example feeling a little heavier than I would prefer to be make me lose these two powerful characteristics that should define a believer, a follower of God. It's a wake up to reality this reminder that Him and Him alone can give us these fulfilling emotions, if I resume it to weight, beauty, wealth... I will never, ever find that satisfaction. I realize this is the battle I need to win.


No comments:

Post a Comment